Supporting the School | Engaging the Community
Greenfield’s Home & School Association was formed to support the school and to engage parents, guardian, faculty and staff. Each month we hold meetings the 3rd Friday from 7:45 – 9:00 a.m. in the library and parents/guardians are welcome to attend. (Children are welcome too!)
How the HSA Supports Greenfield
The HSA is a robust and active group. Below are some of the ways the HSA has supported Greenfield.
- Development and coordination of after-school activities
- Career Day
- Teacher stipends for classroom supplies
- Teacher grants for special projects and purchases
- Books, materials and assistance for the school library
- Support for student performances: Drama, Musicales, Piano Recital
- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony
- Organization of classroom representatives
- Lost and Found
- Nurse’s closet
- Kindergarten and Middle School open houses & orientations
- Weekly Newsletter – each Sunday a weekly newsletter is emailed to parents about important school news. To sign up to receive the newsletter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook page – we constantly post news and photos on our school Facebook page. Follow our page to stay connected. Click HERE to follow us.
- HSA website
- Class parent rep email blasts – some classrooms have assigned parent reps that communicate class news from teachers
A key effort of Home & School is to engage our families throughout the year with some FUN events.
- Dads of Greenfield (DoGs) – offers monthly happy hours for the Greenfield men
- Greenfield Ladies and Moms(GLAMS) – offers monthly happy hours for the Greenfield ladies
- Family Fun Nights: Bingo, Movies and more
- Spring Fair
- Back to School Family Party
- Halloween Party
- Holiday Party
- Spring Fling for Middle School
- Providing hospitality to faculty and staff for school events
The HSA organizes various fundraisers throughout the school year to support the school.